Last Updated on June 16, 2021 by You Ling
What’s meaning of piezoelectric composites?
Piezoelectric composites are made of thermoplastic polymer and inorganic piezoelectric material.
It called composite polymer piezoelectric material too. It is characterized by the excellent piezoelectricity of inorganic piezoelectric materials. And the excellent processing performance of polymer piezoelectric materials.The piezoelectricity can be obtained without processing such as stretching. This piezoelectricity has no anisotropy in the film. so it shows the same piezoelectricity in any direction. Wanna know more it? click here.
What’s mainly application for piezoelectric ceramic composites?
- Medical ultrasound transducer
- Gas and oil industry
- Water transduer
- Ocean sonar detection
- Flow control
- SONAR, phased arrays
Piezo composite features:
(1) The lateral vibration is very weak, and the crosstalk sound pressure is small.
(2) Low Q value of mechanical quality factor.
(3) Large bandwidth (80%～100%).
(4) The electromechanical coupling coefficient is large.
(5) High sensitivity and better signal-to-noise ratio than ordinary PZT probes.
(6) Stable characteristics in a large temperature range.
(7) shapes can be processed, requiring only simple cutting and filling techniques.
(8) Sound velocity. acoustic impedance. relative insulation constant and electromechanical coefficient are easy to change.
(9) Easy to match with materials with different acoustic impedance (from water to steel).
(10) Ultrasonic sensitivity can be adjusted by the change of ceramic volume ratio.
Five series piezo material here
- Single crystal materials. ( quartz, phosphoric acid, etc.)
- Ceramic materials. (as lead zirconate titanate (PZT ), lead titanate, etc.)
- polymer. ( polyvinyl chloride.)
- composite materials. (such as PZT/polymer.)
- glass ceramics. (TiSrO3.)
How do 1-3 composites differ from He-Shuai Ltd?
- Lower acoustic impedance between 8MRayl and 26MRayl
- Highler coupling coefficient
- Typically 0.63 to 0.70 compared with 0.54 of bulk material
- Higher bandwidth and lower Qm
- Review the composite type pages for additional benefits
How can i order from your company ?
Just contact us for any questions from now !