1. What’s piezo composite ?
Piezo composite , in short word. (thermoplastic polymer and inorganic piezo material )
Also we can call it composiste polymer piezoelectric material.
It is characterized by the excellent piezoelectricity of inorganic piezoelectric materials. And the excellent processing performance of polymer piezoelectric materials. And the piezoelectricity can be obtained without processing such as stretching. This piezoelectricity has no anisotropy in the film. So it shows the same piezoelectricity in any direction.
2.Here let’s understand the four keypoints as below:
2.1 How’s the method of production process ?
The method of the piezoelectric composite material is to uniformly decompose the inorganic piezoelectric material powder. And mix it into the thermoplastic polymer. And then mix and shape it. Commonly used inorganic piezoelectric materials are piezoelectric ceramics. Such as : lead zirconate titanate, PbTO3; commonly used polymer matrix is PVDF and other fluorine-containing resins.
2.2 What’s the advantages of piezo composiste?
(1) The lateral vibration is very weak, and the crosstalk sound pressure is small;
(2) Low Q value of mechanical quality factor:
(3) Large bandwidth (80% – 100%);
(4) The electromechanical coupling coefficient is large;
(5) High sensitivity and better signal-to-noise ratio than ordinary PZT probes;
(6) Stable characteristics in a large temperature range;
(7) Probes with complex shapes can be processed, requiring only simple cutting and filling techniques;
(8) Sound velocity, acoustic impedance, relative insulation constant and electromechanical coefficient are easy to change (because these parameters are related to the volume ratio of ceramic materials);
(9) Easy to match with materials with different acoustic impedance (from water to steel);
(10) Ultrasonic sensitivity can be adjusted by the change of ceramic volume ratio
2.3 How’s the Classification of piezoelectric materials?
Piezoelectric material refers to a material with piezoelectric effect, which refers to a functional material that generates current under the action of external force, or in turn generates force or deformation under the action of current. It is widely used in transducers to realize the conversion between mechanical energy and electrical energy. Since the discovery of the piezoelectric effect by the Curie brothers in 1880, a variety of piezoelectric materials have been developed, which can be divided into the following five categories:
- Single crystal materials, such as quartz, phosphoric acid, etc.;
- Ceramic materials, such as lead zirconate titanate (PZT ), lead titanate, etc.;
- high molecular polymers, such as polyvinyl chloride;
- composite materials, such as PZT/polymer;
- glass ceramics, such as TiSrO3, etc.
It can be seen from the above sequence that piezoelectric materials have undergone a process of development from simple single crystal materials existing in nature to composite materials with complex structures. Piezoelectric composite materials are made by connecting piezoelectric ceramic and polymer phases according to a certain communication mode, a certain volume-to-mass ratio, and a certain spatial distribution, which can improve the piezoelectric performance of the material exponentially.
2.4 What’s 0-3 piezoelectric composite material?
Type 0-3 is the simplest piezoelectric composite material, which is formed by discontinuous ceramic particles (0 dimension) dispersed in a three-dimensionally connected polymer matrix. It has great adaptability, can be made into thin sheets, rods or wires, and can even be molded into various complex shapes required, but it is difficult to polarize and its performance is easily affected by various processes.
(1) The polarization of the 0-3 piezoelectric composite is difficult because the polarization electric field strength on the piezoelectric filling phase is much smaller than the applied polarization electric field strength. In order to improve the polarization performance, a conductive phase, such as a small amount of carbon and germanium, can be added to the composite material to increase the conductivity of the polymer matrix. In addition, measures to increase the resistivity of the piezoelectric ceramic phase can also be adopted.
(2) An important parameter to consider when selecting the piezoelectric phase is the material’s aspect ratio c/a. The piezoelectric phase with a large c/a can obtain a large spontaneous strain. The filled phase systems used are PZT, PbTiO2, (Pb, Bi) (Ti, Fe) O3, etc.
(3) The material properties are also closely related to the composite preparation method. Chemically prepared high-purity, uniform composite materials have a significant effect on improving performance
3.1 Piezoelectric Ceramic Crystals: Common Shapes and Sizes
3.1-2 Piezoelectric ceramic rings
Outer Diameter: 0.250″ – 2.000″
Inner Diameter: 0.070″ – 0.750″ depending on OD & thickness
Thickness: 0.008″ – 0.400″ depending on material
Outer Diameter: 0.350″ – 0.900″
Length: 0.150″ – 0.450″
Thickness: Minimum of 0.040”
3. What’s the application markets?
PZT piezoelectric ceramic’s application market is very board range in all over the world. like: Automotive industry, Military industry, Consumer, medical industry, pickup audio, computer …etc .
If you want to know more details about the application in different kind of industries, click here !
5. Where is your customer from about piezoelectric ceramic?
Most of our clients came from Europen-American market. such as: UK, Germany, Poland, Demark,France, Italy ,Canada, USA … etc. But in the few years, Also we have lots of customers from Russia, Korea, India, Pakistan,Japan … etc.
6. How can i order it from you?
Firstly,We will get your requests by emails, phone calls …etc. Generally speaking ,we called it information confirmation,then quotation the price base on your requests and making the PI/PO to you. Secondly, Once the order confirmation from you and confirm the deposit in our bank, we’ll prepare the raw material to produce the order to you. Thirdly, The sample or the bulk order will be delivery to you on time after get though the testing report and show you some of pictures to confirm. Just contact us, we have professional service people to follow and help you.